Stockton 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament
Stockton 5K 10K Run/Walk
3 on 3 Basketball Tournament Rules
1) Poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated. It is expected that the players and fans be good sports at the 3 on 3 tournament. This tournament is a fundraiser and it should be fun for the players and fans. Thank You.
2) Rock, Paper, Scissors will be played by the captains to determine who will get the ball at the start of the game.
3) After the ball is checked, the offensive team must pass the ball in to start the possession.
4) On every change of possession (rebound or steal) the ball must be taken back behind the three-point line.
5) Baskets will be worth one point each, with three-point shots worth two points.
6) All games will be played to 15 points.
7) Teams must win by 2 points unless the time has expired or the first team that reaches the point cap of 30 points.
8) If the score is tied as time expires, there will be another rock, paper, scissors between the two captains to determine who has the ball first in “sudden death”. The first team to score in sudden death wins the game.
9) 5th/6th grade boys and girls games will have a time limit of 15 minutes. All other games will have a 20 time limit. There will be an announcement of time when there is 5 minutes remaining, 1 minute remaining, and a countdown of the final 10 seconds. The clock will not stop except if a timeout is called.
10) Fouls will be called by the offensive player and there will be no arguments. Spectators and Parents will not call the fouls. This is a learning process for the younger kids learning how to speak up and call the fouls and play the game the right way.
11) Violations (traveling, double dribble, out of bounds, charging) will be called by the defensive team. The court monitor will have final say in any decisions. If both teams can’t officiate their game fairly the court monitor has the authority to officiate the entire game or when needed.
12) Each team will be granted one 30-second time out to use during the game, in which the clock will stop for 30 seconds. If the game goes to sudden death and a team has already used a timeout they do not get another one. If they havn't used their timeout they still have it for sudden death.
13) Poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated. Any swearing could result in that player being disqualified for the game or entire tournament. The court monitor will have this authority.
14) Parents please show good sportsmanship. Your kids will follow your lead please help us create a positive environment for the kids.